Ron Howard was announced as the new director for the film on June 22, and he was tasked with completing principal photography along with what has been reported to be extensive reshoots.
Despite the change in directors, Lucasfilm has stated that the film is still scheduled to be released on May 25, 2018.
Following Tuesday's court date, charges were dropped against Stevens -- who was charged in 2003 for reckless driving and in 2007 for DUI.
Last week, it was announced that the current directors of the stand-alone movie, Chris Miller and Phil Lord, were stepping away from the project. In the days since this was announced — aside from their initial statement — neither Miller nor Lord has said anything else about Han Solo. Miller had a picture of Han as his Twitter header, but just the other day that was replaced and now it appears to be a picture of a drink with a cucumber in it? After a shootout, Han and Luke have the upper hand, but the Death Star crew has been tipped off on the chaos.
While it hasn’t truly been 100% confirmed, all signs point to them being fired; Ron Howard was brought in to replace them and finish up the last few weeks of shooting the movie, as well as oversee the planned reshoots later this summer. Han gets on the communication channel and says: We’ll probably never know exactly what went down behind-the-scenes on the Han Solo movie — let alone what’s happening now.
I could see the shocked looks on the faces of the other dancers.
Hope Solo's plans for a top-secret wedding on Tuesday Nov. Unbeknownst to the public, the Olympic soccer goalkeeper, 31, had intended to marry NFL star Jerramy Stevens in Seattle, Wash.; instead, early Monday, the former player for the Seahawks was arrested for allegedly assaulting Solo, the reports. Police responded to a disturbance call at a private home in Kirkland, Wash., after a wild party left several revelers injured.